[projectaon] Re: The Curse of Naar Errata - Part II

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 23:03:04 +0000

Hi

Assume "Fixed" or "Rejected" as indicated for issues I have removed from this
E-mail.

Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (er) Grand Master's Wisdom: master of all Evil -> Master of all Evil [so:
> This is Naar we're talking about]

I would only change this for consistency with other passages. If this
isn't a change for consistency, then I vote for no change.

Since there is no standardised form of this (see Ingo's post) it's worth us setting one. Personally, I would capitalise it as it certainly seems like a title to me. Unresolved.

(er) 33: conquest of Northern Magnamund [so: The Drakkarim did not conquer
Northern Magnamund, did they? I thought they only conquered the western part
of it.]

I thought so too, but can we verify? If so, then I suggest "whose
conquests in Northern Magnamund".

OK, that sounds like a valid alteration. A check of The Magnamund Companion seems to indicate that they originally travelled further east that I thought, but they were still kept in check by the Elder Magi to the southeast and the Vaderish and Vassa peoples to the south and east respectively. Fixed.

(er) 86: acts of Evil -> acts of evil

I feel like we should standardize for this issue, but can't think of a

IMHO: When applied as a title (e.g. Master of all Evil) or when used as some kind of ultimate expression (e.g. done in the cause of Evil) I think it should be capitalised. In instances like this, we're talking about something more abstract: acts of evil (or, "evil acts") and so capitalisation is unnecessary. Unresolved.

(er) 100: nostrils, a -> nostrils--a [or, nostrils: a]

I prefer the colon. The sentence also has a semicolon where it
shouldn't: "The reek of iron, sulphur; and rust".

OK, Fixed as "nostrils: a". The rogue semicolon occurred several times throughout the xml. I think I've now got all of them!