[projectaon] The Covers Project.

  • From: "O'Toole, Laurence (2000)" <Laurence.OToole.2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:21:58 +0000

Hello all,

With the recent publication of the final Lone Wolf book, I would like to ask
for help with something that several of us have been working on for a while
now: The Covers Project.

This imaginatively-titled undertaking is an attempt to catalogue and scan all
of the original cover art for every book hosted by Project Aon (and a handful
of related works). We have permission to do this from Random House UK, Penguin
Group, and Mongoose Publishing.

The homepage for the project is here:
http://www.projectaon.org/en/Covers/Home
The meat of the work is in the second link.

Unfortunately, there are currently a *lot* of gaps in what's there. So where we
mainly need help is with scans, if people have access to any of the missing
editions. (Please note that some have the same underlying picture, but differ
in the printed blurb/logo/price. Yes, we are explicitly looking for these too.)
That said, we would also greatly appreciate any input that people might have
concerning things like missing publication dates and unidentified artists. And
of course, general comments/suggestions/questions are welcome too. You can just
shoot them to the list, or to me personally if that is more appropriate.

Thank you.

Cerulean