[projectaon] Maps (no hurry!)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:19:31 +0100

Hi Jon

Last week I played around with the existing map scans in the Original Scans section of the website and threw together what I could as potential non-lossy replacements for the current ones (including fixing the spelling of KalteRsee for the Book 12 map):

<http://www.projectaon.org/staff/simon/Maps/>

I don't know if you think these are good enough, or if they require a bit of colour correction, but I certainly had some fun compositing them.

One comment: the transparency scan for Book 13 is pretty awful! You must have scanned it in black-and-white, because I had to "draw" the letters by hand, which is why some of the labels look bad. So you should probably rescan that as well as the maps+transparencies for Books 10, 11, 14, and 16...when you get the chance!

There's obviously no rush on this, but it would be nice to get them done alongside the footnotes, simply so that we have no need to re-release the books without a big change--moving over to HTML5 in 2016 or 2017, for example. ;-)

Who'd have thought 15 years ago that we'd actually get all the Lone Wolf books released?! We didn't even have the rights to Books 21-28 at the time, if memory serves.