[projectaon] 'No charge' != 'Public domain'

  • From: "OToole L" <L.OToole@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 02:03:16 +0100

Jonathan Blake wrote:
>>>Is it too soon to say "the end draweth nigh"? :)
>My tongue was firmly in cheek, so don't worry that
>I've lost my marbles.
The notion that 'you cannot lose what you do not have' springs to mind. :-)

----

On a more serious note, I was looking for some LW-related material and happened
upon the following website:
http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/projects/ttr/2008/manual/bibliography.html
(Do a search for 'Lone Wolf'.)

This website claims that "Books 1 through 17 are in the public domain and may
be downloaded for free at Project Aon ..." My understanding is that Joe still
holds (and protects) the copyright for all his books. The fact that PA provides
material for free does not make anything Public Domain.

This may seem like a technical nitpick, but I'd feel better if someone with a
more legal mind had an opinion.

Cerulean