[projectaon] Re: LW refresh: some capitalization issues

  • From: Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:03:02 +0100

2005/12/18, Thomas Wolmer <angantyr@xxxxxxxxx>:
> There are some "global" issues that I need to be sure of though:
>
> - "Magicians' Guild", and similar. Always capitalized, always plural
> possessive?
>
> - "Item" should never be capitalized alone, right? (This will be a
> nice bunch of both (er) and (ne)).
>
> - "Bow", "Arrow" etc... Shall we *always* capitalize these when LW
> touches them, or only when they really refer to an item in his
> inventory? If the latter, it will be for instance "Your arrow misses
> its target." *uncapitalized*, because it is no longer an inventory
> item. I would prefer the latter, and when in doubt, don't capitalize
> either, because I think the text just looks ugly with all these
> capitalized words.

Found three more:

- Equipment. For some reason 01fftd capitalizes this in section texts,
but no other books as far as I can see, so we remove it there I guess?

- Monastery. I agree that it should be capitalized in "Kai Monastery",
and maybe, *maybe* also in "Monastery of the Kai" but I really don't
think it should be capitalized alone.

- Journeyman. It should be capitalized when referring to the Kai rank,
and so probably to where Swift Fox is called a "journeyman" in 02tfc.
But what about when Banedon describes himself as a journeyman in
01fftd - maybe it's a rank among the Brotherhood magicians too? And
the journeyman of the Guildhall in Holmgard?

--
Thomas