[projectaon] Re: Dawn of the Darklords.

  • From: Jonathan Blake <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:48:48 -0800

On 1/18/06, OToole L <L.OToole@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (Sorry for the second e-mail in succession, but I thought it best to
> keep these two topics separate.)
>
> Recently I have been giving some thought to doing 'Dawn of the
> Darklords' (Banedon's adventure from The Magnamund Companion) like the
> other Lone Wolf books. I'm pretty sure I could make a half-decent
> attempt on my own, but for conformity with the rest of Project Aon I
> would have a few rather technical questions. And I'd rather not bore
> everyone on the list with them so would anyone in the know mind me
> asking them directly? I don't know how long it would take - it would
> depend on how well I'm sleeping. And I know this has been tried before
> and that there is at least one semi-working version, but what I was
> thinking was to use a copy of 'Flight from the Dark' and amend it to
> suit my needs.

Use the XML, Luke! Sol was working on this, but I suspect he got
bogged down in the morass of converting the HTML to XML. Am I right,
Sol? No hard feelings, of course. (If anyone feels pressured by me,
they can just ask how Deathlord is coming, and I'll go away.) I'm sure
Sol would welcome some help in that direction. Here's what Sol
produced back in the day:

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~tonyl/banedon/title.htm