[projectaon] Re: Brian Williams' Work

  • From: "Jonathan Blake" <blake.jon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:51:51 -0800

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:33 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Any thoughts/comments on the file or the legal situation would be most
>>> appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>> I need to verify what we've received from Brian Williams (his letters
>> aren't at hand at the moment). Didn't we have a collection of the
>> authors/illustrators correspondence? I can't seem to find it.
>
> I thought we did, but I can't find it on the site. Is it in your staff area,
> Jon?

I couldn't find it, but I can't swear that it isn't there. However, I
didn't need to find it or the letters.

I have a feeling someone is going to want to reach through the
intertubes and strangle me, :) but when I was looking through the
materials that Brian Williams sent me, I found all of the
illustrations that are included in this PDF.

In my defense, since we weren't planning on publishing the Legends any
time soon, I think the fact that we had them kind of got misplaced
somewhere in my unconscious.

The good news is that this is a pretty clear legal green light to
publish. The bad news is that we will want to revisit it someday and
replace the scans. The good news is that they will be replaced with
exceptional quality scans. :)