[projectaon] Re: Automated Character Sheet for Freeway Warrior series

  • From: Alan Schlieper <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:45:08 -0700

James,

There is one thing you might want to specifically take a look at, and that is
the RandNumGen function
that I created, which is used by the random number generator as well as the
combat functions.

I tried to accurately replicate the random number table from the original books.
I realized that they are NOT an even distribution of numbers. Some numbers
appearing quite a bit
more frequently in the charts than others.

The 4 books are all different but the distributions of each number in the
charts are approximately
the same. Not quite but close. I used my own judgment to try and accurately
represent this uneven
distribution in the random number function I created to try to give results
more in line with what the
author originally published in the books, rather than a simple random number.

Regards

Alan Schlieper
Senior Support Engineer
USA p.              (310) 602 4030                    BQE Software Inc.
Australia p.     0011 1 310 602 4010         2601 Airport Drive, Suite 380
UK p.                00 1 310 602 4010              Torrance, CA 90505
e.  alan@xxxxxxx<mailto:alan@xxxxxxx>
w. www.bqe.com<http://www.bqe.com/>
Forgive me while I satisfy our attorney with this confidentiality statement:
This e-mail
and  any hyperlinks or attachments are intended only for the designated email
recipient(s).
If you are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by return
email.
Please do not disclose, forward, copy or blind copy the contents of this email
to anyone
without written permission from BQE Software, Inc.