[project1dev] collision detection

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:51:44 -0700

im not sure if anyone else has noticed but you can jump over the boulders
that fall from the sky (just hump them and jump).

And same thing w/ erics mine cart, you can hump it and jump and get in.

Right now all our collision detection is model based, the player is actually
just a single point in space, and when he moves, he collides against the
actual faces of the polygons that are marked as collidable.

We'll probably have to do something like specify a collision shape
independant from the model, like say "yes this mine cart is collidable, but
just do collision against a bounding box, instead of against the geometry
itself".  Or for the rocks, a cylinder might make more sense.  shrug...

anyhow, just FYI it's on the radar if anyone did notice!