[project1dev] Re: Nick/Kent: temple design questions / feedback

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:08:37 -0800

Ok, I got some answers for you. I will do my best to answer all of the
questions. Eric and Rorac, you guys.

First floor

#1 After updating, my games doesn't work. for some reason my game doesn't
load a starting map after pressing new game. No errors.

#2 I had the impression that the temple would keep track of how many times
you were hit. Then when you get your perk awards on the end it would be
based on the amount of damage you took. Less than 5 hits = great perk, more
than 5 hits  = lesser perk. I think impact should also have some sort of
effect on the player like knocking them or making them blink or something
like that.

#3 I was thinking there should be some sort of subtle warning. Perhaps the
path leading into the section would also be tiled differently?

#4 Fall in and done with it. Works as intended

#5 Short size was not intended. Is it short even if you push it as far as
possible?

#6 If you get across safely you take the elevator down. Getting across
safely is supposed to count as a bonus

Basement

#1 Basement should be decorated. No events will happen.

#2 Not finished. I think there was supposed to be a staircase there.

Maze

#1 Pillars should count as a collision. Same concept as arrows.

#2 The spikes are avoidable if I'm not mistaken. They will share the same
concept as the pillars and arrows. Tally the damage reward accordingly.

#3 I put in the pillars for fun. I was thinking there could be some sort of
bonus for pushing all the pillars to a specific area and successfully
dodging traps. Nothing official was said on this.

Room after basement

#1 Unfinished puzzle room. This was supposed to be the room where the
ceiling lowers and the player needs to solve a puzzle. Rorac suggested there
being multiple puzzles to pick from. One being the picture overlay puzzle.

Lastly
Go for it. I think the temple could use some new art. I like your red door
ideas.