[project1dev] Current status for Sid

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 22:07:50 -0700

Hey Sid,

Eric has the best idea of what's left to be done for this, our 2nd milestone
so he can fill in details if needed but here's how i understand it:

#1 - this is the first area you go to when you start a new game.  you float
down into a "voidy" area where an old man meets you and you create your
appearance.
#2 - you go and talk to the fortune teller who asks you questions and things
and it creates some your character's stats / facets (ie player quirks -
special abilities, curses etc)
#3 - you go through an indiana jones style temple, evade traps etc and that
decides some more of your character's stats / facets
#4 - you fight some beast and that decides the last of the stats / facets

ok so right now where we are at in the bigger picture:

#1 - the void map is mostly done.  Eric is workin on some artistic detail
stuff (like the trees) and Katie is doin the wagon.  We also have some
posters to put on the wall.  Codewise, i have to work with eric so we can
figure out how character appearance creation is going to work and get that
working
#2 - the fortune teller tent is coming along, we need to put the actual
fortune teller in and im not sure what else artwise is needed in there.
We'll have to script the fortune teller's questions and things too.
Codewise, we'll probably have to upgrade the animation system to let her be
able to do more than one animation (right now models can only do one
animation!)
#3 - Nick is working on building the temple and kent is scripting the traps
and such.  We'll need an art pass on it after it's functional.  It's all
temp art right now
#4 - we havent started the area where the beast is, but i know Potato (hehe)
made some concept art for the beast itself.

did i forget anything?? ahhh

anyways thats the gist of it :P

[]