Re: web-dev questions with mysql, php, and others

  • From: "Ricks Place" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 08:56:17 -0400

No problem TY. Getting personal is never a good thing but hard not to do sometimes if someone else has a diferent opinion. Becoming an adult and especially a Professional Adult requires folks to understand others opinions and to understand the audience they are writing for. When I write to or about you it is to a young person. When I write to Bill it is to another grey beard. Enjoy what you do. If you like the nuts and bolts follow that direction. If you want to go to University you will do that too. Taking some time to look before you leap is not a bad thing at all. If you want advice ask up here and I will give you some about picking a school, paying for it and the types of things you need to do to get ready to go that route. Right now you sound like that is something you are interested in so you should be looking at online sites for Admissions to some schools. InState schools will be allot less expensive and your Commission For The Blind is likely to help you with costs. If you can live at home and commute it will also be a big money saver. If you have the ability to go out of state you have many, many choices. That is the first thing to do. Let me know if you can stay at home and commute to a University or not and whether the Commission For The Blind will pick up most or all of the costs. Believe me, for all students the cost of a University education is through the roof these days and you do not want to borrow money unless you have no other choice. So first thing, contact your High School Counsolor and find out about Grants you might be eligible for and contact the Commission For The Blind to find out if they will help you go to college.

Like a writing a program, take it one step at a time and it will get done.
Rick USA