RE: using breadboards

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:51:22 -0500

Components that are small and when I say small some transistors and
resisters are the size of a Braille dot.  A chip might be the size of the
size of a pencil eraser and have 20 leads or one that has 100 leads is still
smaller than a stamp and only a little thicker.  You use wax or a sticky
stuff to stick it to the board while you line up the legs.  Once you line up
the legs you don't' exactly Sauder like you do normal soldering you kind of
heat up the component and let the Sauder stick to it.  Every device you use
now has flat packs like cell phones to even the pac mate and Braille plus.
Things just keep getting smaller

Ken