Re: using breadboards

  • From: "James Panes" <jimpanes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:50:23 -0500

Hi Tyler,

A transformer would be much better to step down the voltage and use lots less
power. You will also need some sort of rectifier or full-wave bridge to convert
the power on the 9 volt side from AC to DC.

If you want to do a battery charger right, there should also be some type of a
cut-off that detects when the current drops (indicating that the battery is
charged) and turn the circuit off.

HTH

Regards,
James