RE: programming in .net

  • From: "Manish Agrawal" <manish10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:58:21 +0530

I've been using visual studio extensively for many years now right from the
days of VB 6 to VS 2008 using c# and vb.net.
I find the environment reasonably accessible. There are things I sometimes
get stuck at, but with some experimentation it is easy enough to find a work
around.
Having said that, my work does not involve building a lot of thick client
GUI or reports myself. Most of my work is developing solutions for the Web
and we usually have dedicated UI people on the team who do the HTML and
laying out of the screens. I just need to integrate that with my code.
 Even for the thick client apps I've worked on, I usually delegate the task
of UI layout to one of my team members.
With WPF, the layout now uses a markup language called xaml. I find writing
xaml for simple screens by hand easy enough. However, for complex
professional looking screens developed in WPF or silverlight, you'll need to
use a tool called expression blend with VS 2008 and VS 2010. Expression
blend is totally inaccessible so far.

HTH,
Manish
  _____