Re: perl - MySQL - date manipulation

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:18:39 +0200

Hi,

You can use either:

select current_date() + interval 30 day as future_day;

and the column name will be "future_day", or you can use:

select current_date() + interval 30 day;

and fetch from the database using an array or arrayref and not a hashref, like:

my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select current_date() + interval 30 day");
$sth->execute;
my ($future_date) = $sth->fetchrow_array;

$sth->fetchrow_array returns an array and $sth->fetchrow_arrayref returns an
array ref.

Octavian