perl - MySQL - date manipulation

  • From: "Lamar Upshaw" <lupshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 03:29:46 -0700

I'm working with perl and MySQL for CGI scripting, and I need to be able to calculate dates. How do I have MySQL calculate 30 days from now, and return it to perl? Or, would it be easier to calculate 30 days from now in perl instead? I understand how to get the present date and time in perl, but I can't figure out how to calculate other dates. Truthfully, I'd rather do this in MySQL and have it return to perl, because the calculated date will be saved in a database table whether I calculate it using perl, or MySQL anyway.

With All Respect,
Upshaw, Lamar T