Re: network glitch

  • From: "Steve Jacobson" <steve.jacobson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 09:28:56 -0500

Laura,

I don't know if this will help, but it seems to me that when I set up a couple
of Windows 7 machines, they automatically
were configured to use the Windows 7 home network protocol.  My Windows XP
computer could not use that so I
was unable to share any files with it.  I had to set up all my computers to use
the older less secure network.  I don't
remember exactly where I did that, though, and possibly both can be supported,
but the description of your problem
reminds me of what I had experienced.  Do you remember if you were prompted for
a home network password or
something like that on your Windows 7 machines at some point?

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson