Re: network glitch

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 08:43:57 -0400

Reboot the xp box and if still not seen reboot all that don't see it.
I get that sometimes when my GF unplugs the USB drive on her xp box. I can see the c drive but not the USB until that box reboots.
Microsoft ops do funny things when networking.
Also check and see if still open to network. updates can also change those settings.

At 03:38 PM 7/1/2011, you wrote:
Greetings.  I have a question about troubleshooting sharing files between 2
computers. Actually a LAN of 4 computers running XP, Vista and Windows7.

For some reason when I go to the network places on my Win7 box and try to
copy files from another machine, only 2 of the 3 computers is showing on the
network, and of course the missing one is the one I am posting files on.
So how do iI get my xp laptop to show up on win7's network?
Note that this has always worked before.  Something is preventing it.  But
since I can exchange email I know I am connected to the internet.

To be clearer: shared files on XP computer is where the files are;
I want to go and copy it to the desktop of my win7 computer.

Any advice welcome... TIA
--le