RE: laptop saga continues

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:05:43 -0700

Hi,
Few things:
* It could be "page fault."
* The read-only portion of the page table might have been locked due to XD
(Execute Disable) functionality.
If the Blue Screen of Death window displayed something about page error, it
could be due to virtual memory/page management. Or it could be the ntoskrnl
(Windows Kernel) might have encountered  a serious error.
Try restoring the notebook from the restore partition/DVD/CD and see what
happens. Or, under Advanced Boot Menu, try enabling Debug mode.
Cheers,
Joseph