Re: code indentation (python and c...)

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 07:38:24 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
You might want to try the PyBrace feature of Jamal's EdSharp if listening
to indentations bothers you. To use it, put an opening brace instead of a
colon at the beginning of statement blocks that begin with keywords such as
def, if, and class. Put a right brace where the end of the block goes.

Oh that's how you code with out braille. Ok.

with the JAWS indentation feature turned off, or if you want to use another

Oh JAWS? Sorry, I'm on linux and don't use windows at all.
I use a text editor called 'emacs' and I would imagine its a lot more powerful than windows based ones...
It can really do a lot of stuff...

Anyway I set it up to do 2 spaces for indenting.
So all my question was is this indenting style ok?
Like is 2 space indenting fine for C and python?
Or should I be using 4 or 5?
Or as I said is this just personal choice?

Thanks for the reply!

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/