Re: another pdf to text problem

  • From: "Manish Agrawal" <manish10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 10:50:28 +0530

I use ABBY fine reader to convert any PDFs that have accessibility turned
off or are otherwise too long to be read using acrobat reader (with no
continuous scrolling etc).
Fine reader does a very good job of converting PDFs and has never frozen on
me for documents as big as 500 pages.
For a 15 page document, Fine Reader will not take more than 5 minutes in
contrast to the "about 1 hour" mentioned below for pdf to txt.
I am sure other commercial products like omni page are just as good.

HTH,
Manish

--
Regards,