Re: another pdf to text problem

  • From: "InthaneElf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:44:16 -0700

did you check the checkbox for using the OCR function in PDF2TXT? and then try
scanning it, it sounds like this is the age old problem of a scanned image used
to create the .PDF, instead of a text document, and will require OCR to read it
if it's possible to do at all.

inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com
operator: Fruit Basket Demo Sight, where you can find a similar project done in
several programming languages, along with its source code, so you can decide
what language is right for you