Re: a few sodbeans problems, verbosity, duplicate output

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:12:08 -0500

> I would like to know if this software is available to the United States
> Federal Government? Is it still in beta testing?

Hi Susan,

The software is freely available under GPL2, so I don't see any reason
why the government can't use it if they want to.

As for beta testing, I think we still have the beta label on with
sourceforge, but the code base is pretty stable and is used at a
number of schools and universities. It's also based on the NetBeans
7.0 source code, which is highly mature. There's no warranty, but we
use it every day and things are pretty stable nowadays.

We actually keep that beta label on there largely because our
programming language built in "wasn't" quite ready for commercial use.
That is about to change soon as well. We haven't announced the details
yet, although we'll talk about it briefly tomorrow at the Java One
Keynote in San Francisco.

Stefik