Re: Virtual key

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:50:32 -0600

It seems to me there have been brailler simulators out there for over a
decade at least -- on dos.  I can't say as I never used one.  A friend of
mine, who used to transcribe braille as a volunteer, used it all the time.
(I verified this by asking if the user treated the qwerty keyboard as
brailler keys.  She said that indeed was the case.)
I'll fire off an email to her and get more info if you want. Perhaps you
could pick up some legacy code, or algorithms at least, assuming it is
available.
Happy hacking.
--le