Re: VB.net forms, how far is too far?

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:34:56 -0500

Hi Inthane: the Display Monitor Resolution is independent of the Forms being
displayed on it. But the forms will depend on the Monitor's Resolution. The
Resolution is a System Property and you can find it or set it in the Windows
ControlPanel. You are limited to the minimum and maximum pixel size allowed for
your Monitor. Older monitors had less resolution. Mine allows a 1024 by 768
resolution but I could set it lower if I wanted. A Form uses pixels as a means
of addressing the display surface. It is a container where you create what you
want to display someplace on the monitor and then set the start location for
the form in terms of pixels. You do the same thing for the controls you put on
the form but their relative pixel address, locations, are relative to the upper
leftmost position of the form where the form is relative to the upper leftmost
corner of the monitor's display screen in most cases.
Did you see my short series on positioning?
Rick USA