Re: Further request for participants who design / code web pages

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:42:59 -0700

Hello,
I would like to complete this survey, but I was unable to get your email address for some reason. The email I attempted to send got rejected. Can you send me this?
nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx
Thanks
Nimer J

Hayhoe,Simon wrote:
Dear Mail Group,
A while ago I sent a request to this mail group for computer programmers who were
blind or visually impaired to answer a questionnaire for a research project I am
conducting called COMBINE (Computing and Blindness in Education) . I am very grateful
to those people who participated in this research project, and particularly those who
filled out the questionnaires with an impressive level of description. The findings
from this research are now available as papers both through the publication's section
of my website
(http://www.blindnessandarts.com/publications/education.htm<http://www.blindnessandarts.com>
  ) and also from the website of the British Computer Association of the Blind (BCAB)
(http://www.bcab.org.uk). In the BCAB website, there are two reports. The first is
the pilot report, based solely on questionnaires, from 2007, and the latter is the
latest report, based mainly on questionnaires and interviews, which was presented at
BETT 2009 (the British Educational Technology Show; the world's largest technology
show) earler this month.

In this early phase of the research, I have made some incredibly fascinating
findings, particularly in relation to educational background and the use of
programming languages. As a consequence, I have decided to expand this element
of the study, and so I am now requesting the participation of blind and
visually impaired people who design or / and code websites / webpages, either
for blind and visually impaired users, or for all computer users.

If you would be willing to participate in this next phase of the research,
please reply to me and I will send you a questionnaire.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincere best wishes,

Simon Hayhoe

Dr Simon Hayhoe
Head of ICT
Leicester Grammar School
London Road
Great Glen
Leicestershire LE8 9FL
UK

This message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. If you have received it by mistake,
please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you
may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone. The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.

Leicester Grammar School Trust
A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales
Company number: 1521751
Registered office: London Road, Great Glen, Leics LE8 9FL
Registered charity number: 510809