Re: Using sodbeans with jaws 9

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:52:46 -0500

Roger,

Off the top of my head, I think we've done most of our Sodbeans
testing with JAWS 12, and I haven't experienced the problems you are
mentioning with that version. Another thing you "could" try, depending
on your setup and your preferences, is by going to

Tools -> Text-to-speech -> Next Speech Engine

and seeing if you find a self-voicing engine tolerable for your
system. Self voicing sounds pretty bad on windows XP unless you have
another SAPI voice installed, but it's worth a try.

As for JAWS 9, If you own a later version of JAWS, is there a way of
legally getting previous versions for our team to do testing? Also,
Windows XP 32 or 64?

Stefik