Text editors for a new windows7 machine

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:57:07 +0200

On my brand new 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine, if I try to launch textPal, I get the following error message details after I just tell the C++ runtime to close the app after it gives me an initial error message:

Ruby interpreter (GUI) 1.8.6 [i386-mswin32]
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    rubyw.exe
  Application Version:    1.8.6.0
  Application Timestamp:    45f85c05
  Fault Module Name:    msvcrt-ruby18.dll
  Fault Module Version:    1.8.6.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    45f85c04
  Exception Code:    40000015
  Exception Offset:    000263c4
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    7177
  Additional Information 1:    ae47
  Additional Information 2:    ae478bf014838a6fa0309e6e83d2de6a
  Additional Information 3:    28a9
  Additional Information 4:    28a939f96cc787ffe8e6a372bd938bce
--

I have by now gotten all other sorts of apps/software running on it, including both VS.Net 2008 and VS.Net 2010 express, etc. etc. among various other older pieces of software, and for example, edSharp launches fine on it, but anyway.

Another, somewhat off topic question is which email client software does anyone recommend, since while have gotten thunderbird on it, I don't like it too much with regard to it's handling of multiple accounts, etc., and I do also have the extra jaws scripts for it running?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA