RE: Python: Making A Program Run A Function That Is Not Hard Coded

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 08:56:28 -0500

Hi,
When I try to execute this code, nothing prints to the screen. How do I debug
it?

myfuncs = { "string1" : "func1",
                "string2" : "func2" }

def func1():
  print "func 1"

def func2():
  print "func 2"

  eval(myfuncs["string1"])

raw_input("Press enter to quit")

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility
blog<http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>. Discuss
accessibility
here<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>.
Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility
advice<http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/Accessibility%20Wiki/Forms/AllPages.aspx>