Re: Silverlight Demos

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:59:38 -0400

Hi: Yes. It is used for the Watch Instantly movies. Media Player, or your
default Player, is used when playing CDs. The CD interface is tricky at best
and sure could use some scripting. I am not sure if some of the controls are
not actually even on the CD itself. I have managed to figure out how to use
them although they don't make sense. I just tabbed around, figured out how to
start the CD start playing on Chapter 1 of the first episode or beginning of
the CD and then I can just exit the player and start it again. Then it picks up
where I left off. I have used the Play and Pause to start and stop playing but
going forward or backward do not work using the standard controls of Media
Player making me think there might be an embedded player of sorts on the cd
itself, I am not sure. The Watch Instantly works ok except there are 3 buttons
and they are not labeled. The first one is play previous, the second play next
and the third goes back to the Netflix website leaving the Silverlight player.
When there are no more episodes or you are on the last episode there are only 2
buttons but I do not remember what they do, either go back or exit the player
if I remember. This is likely  because the screen readers are not capable of
using the new accessibility standards and some of the larger Websites have
already started implementing them. I thought about scripting for the Netflix
CDs and was also thinking about making a better interface to use with the
Netflix Silverlight player but I am giving up unless I find some tutorials I
can live with and the scripting looks pretty complicated and lengthly indeed.
Rick USA