Re: Shell Scripting Books

  • From: Jyotsna Kaki <jyotsnakaki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:06:14 -0700

For basics:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/CommandLineIntro/print

Same content but other source:
http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/

On 4/19/10, DaShiell, Jude T.  CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26
<jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The most and best material I ever found for learning shell scripting of
> the bash variety wasn't in a book.  It was in the advanced bash
> scripting guide abs-guide and that's on the internet available for
> download.  If debian; ubuntu, grml, or vinux is what you use, there's an
> abs-guide package in all of those distros you can download.  Look in
> /usr/share/doc/abs-guide/ and subdirectories below that one for what
> you've just added to your system if you download that package.  I have
> my sources list set to download Main Contrib Non-free so end up finding
> more of these packages when doing an apt-cache search abs-guide than
> others might.

Thank you
Jyotsna Kaki
Test engineer
"This email may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this
communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else,
please erase all
copies and attachments, and please let me know that it went to the
wrong person.  Thanks."