Re: Shell Scripting Books

  • From: "cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:52:46 -0400

Have you looked at Floss Manuals? While we are still waiting for their tar ball they promised for us, they have a lot of pretty cool stuff and shell scripting may be a topic they've published something about.

Also, you might read the info (man) pages about bash by,, at the command line,, typing "info bash." This will give you far more than you ever want to know about bash so you might want to use grep to just pull out the sections that mention scripting.

GNU bash has been around for at least 24 years  years and I suspect that there is probably a lot about it online so you might make a few searches which will also probably find you far more than you'll ever need but there may be a starting from the top scripting tutorial as there are for lots of other GNU tools. In fact, you might look at the store on www.gnu.org as we have a lot of books about free software. Anything you can find online for sale in a print format can be downloaded somewhere as we aren't selling the information but, rather, the media.

cdh

On 04/19/2010 02:57 PM, Homme, James wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommended books on this topic they can tell me about?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,

Usability Services,

Phone: 412-544-1810

Skype: jim.homme

Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility here.

m_and_m

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.