SQL & VStudio 2008

  • From: LU OGBE <oluogbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 00:44:43 +0100

Hello,

Apologies for cross posting. Please can anyone give me advice on setting up a
development environment on a windows 7 professional 64bit machine. I'm using
JAWS 11 & my questions are:

- will the SQL 2008 enterprise edition work on Windows 7 64bit?
- If I install SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio, do I still need to
install Visual studio 2008?
- If so, what version of VStudio do I need to install i.e. VStudio 2008 with
SP1 or VStudio for X64?
- Are there any known issues with SQL on windows 7 professional 64bit ?

I want to get this right this time because I had a lot of problems trying to
install SQL & VStudio 2008 on my system when I was using Vista. The Solution
Management Studio refused to run. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
LU