Re: How do I use Java instead of php on my websites?

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:09:05 +0300

there are multiple posibilites to use java for the web environment.
Depends of what you want to use and for what.
For web visual interface you can simply use
jsp (java server pages)
or to use more modern and beauty full jsf (java server faces) or struts.
For this you need at least a jsp container like tomcat.
But if you want to use more technologies which will help you, you must use more
than a jsp container, you must use an application server like
glass fish
jboss
and others.
What I mean by "other tehnologies",
for example you can use ejb (enterprise java beans) to handle the persistence
part of your web app,
or can use ejb to have an message driven interface or an webservice like
interface.
Also, another tehnology, is jax-ws with what you can make an webservice for
your application.

  On 2010-08-13, at 4:34 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:

    As you know, BrailleBlaster is being written in Java. It is a desktop
    application. Making it a web applicationn would be another project.
    nevertheless, since I am learning Java, I would like to apply that
    knowledge to my websites. I think that this is what Bookshare does. So
    where do I begin?

    The braille knowledge in BrailleBlaster is largely contained in two C
    libraries, liblouis and liblouisutdml Tarballs for both can be found on
    the downloads page of http://www.abilitiessoft.com Both also have
    projecgtg pages on googlecode. They will remain C libraries so that they
    do not require a run-time environment and thus can be used with various
    high-level languages. liblouis has Python bindings, and liblouisutdml
    has Java bindings. BrailleBlaster will call liblouisutdml directly,
    which will call liblouis for actual translation, while itself doing the
    xml rendering and braille formatting. It will also add markup in the
    Unified Tactile Document Language (UTDML).

    Thanks,
    John

    Abilitiessoft, Inc.
    http://www.abilitiessoft.com