Re: Misc Mozilla

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 07:28:42 -0400

Hi,
Jamal just said he learned some of the things you didn't by looking at the
interface. You need to do what you preach.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

             "Octavian
             Rasnita"
             <orasnita@xxxxxxx                                          To
             om>                       programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-
             bounce@freelists.                                     Subject
             org                       Re: Misc Mozilla

             11/02/2007 02:57
             AM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Well, I think I understand now.
I need to "learn" to use Commodo.

I never had a learning period for editors like Notepad, TextPad or editors
I've used in the past, and I don't like to need reading help files in order
just to be able to use an editor.

I think an editor should learn us how to use it by just simply looking at
its interface, and this means following the known standards.
Immediately after installing TextPad, I use to set it to follow Microsoft's
conventions. It would be helpful if Commodo would also allow such a thing.

The most accessible programs are not only those who can be accessed with a
certain version of a certain screen reader, but those who can be accessed
by
those who's native language is not english, without needing to spend time
for learning new interfaces, and so on, with other words, accessible as
easy
as possible.

Thanks for the help files for Commodo. I hope I will find what I need in
them.

Octavian