Re: Make an Applet Accessible

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:29:18 -0400

Good evening,

A Clarification needs to be made between Java applications and Java applets. Java applications can be accessible under certain circumstances using the Swing, and more so using the SWT toolkits. However, a Java applet is not a Java application and is, AFAIK viewed by browsers as using AWT components and not Swing components, regardless of which classes one chooses to impleement.

As always I'd love to hear information that corrects this if I am incorrect.

Thanks,
Everett

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt

View my LinkedIn Profile
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ezufelt

On 20-Oct-09, at 9:55 PM, The Elf wrote:

actually this is incorrect as far as I know, the swing classes must be used, and possibly the swt, Sina would be the best person to ask, since he did the accessible java fruit basket application found at:
http://FruitBasket.QuantumMyst.com

laters,
inthane
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com