Re: Learn Python the Hard Way

  • From: Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:49:17 -0400

Hi,
Thanks for the book suggestion. I'm off to download it after this
message. Gedit is accessible in Linux, in fact, I use it constantly. If
you would like to try it, there's a VM version of Vinux at:
http://vinuxproject.org/
It is designed to be very easy to install and runs inside Windows, so
you don't have to worry about partitions and trashing your Windows
setup. There's also Cygwin, but I think it takes quite a bit more work
to get up and running. It's really too bad that Gedit doesn't work with
screen readers natively in Windows, it really is an awesome text editor.
Thanks
Storm
--
Vinux Publicity Coordinator: http://www.vinuxproject.org/