Learn Python the Hard Way

  • From: Q <q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 03:35:43 -0400

LPTHW is a fantastic book by a guy named Zed Shaw giving a good overview to the Python programming language. He makes it freely-available in PDF from www.learnpythonthehardway.org. Recognizing that PDF isn't the best in terms of accessibility, I built the book from its ReStructured text sources to pure html to provide easy access to anyone interested.

This is available at http://www.qwitter-client.net/lpthw
So if you've been looking to pick up a new, powerful and fun language, I invite you to have a run through of the book, try the exercises, and if you need any help or can't figure something out, poke me! One minor Note: Zed recommends the use of Gedit, which as far as I know is inaccessible. I personally use Notepad2, though I can't recommend it because of some oddities with the Scintilla editing component one must accustom themselves to, though I do believe there have already been discussions as to appropriate editors for various languages on this list I'd hardly like to start rehashing.

Enjoy,