Re: Jaws Speech Detection

  • From: "Young Choi" <young.choi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:42:33 -0800

Long time ago, I wrote this script to restart jaws. It checks if Jaws is
running either by service or regular process. It assumes Jaws is installed. I
hope this helps.

Set objWMI=GetObject("winmgmts:")
Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("wscript.shell")

'Check if Jaws is running
Set colProcesses=objWMI.ExecQuery("select * from win32_process where
name='jfw.exe'")
Set colServices=objWMI.ExecQuery("select * from win32_service where
name='JFWService'")

If colProcesses.count = 0 Then
oShell.Run "jaws8"
WScript.Quit