RE: Jaws Speech Detection

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:29:45 -0500

Taken from the fsdn
Function: IsSpeaking
Description
Checks to see if any text is currently being spoken.

Returns
Type: Int

Parameters
No Parameters

Version
This function is available in the following releases:

PAC Mate 1.10 and later

I think you would have to test to verify that this would actually work
on a PC running JAWS.  My guess is probably not.
>>> "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 03:16 pm Wednesday,
February 17, 2010 >>>
Hi,
Yes. There is a function called IsSpeaking. It returns 1 if JAWS is
currently speaking, 0 if not.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810
Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility
blog<http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>

From: Andrew Hauck