Re: How much text can go into a registry variable?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:34:55 -0300

Go use xml. It is fast, it is designed for such kind of things, it is
widely supported and easily read by other processes. By using the
register as a storage resources you will make your system slows down,
even that the process of retrieving information is a little faster *
for me it isn't at least.
Or embed sqlite in your software if you plan to have a really large
amount of data stored.
Marlon

2007/10/18, Bryan Garaventa <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Ah, yes. I had a similar thought. Since it's uncertain how many urls will be
> stored at any given time, likely a sub key called History would work, with
> each url being added as sub variables. This would also make it easier to
> clear by deleting the parent key (History).
>
> Inthane,
>
> I thought about using an ini file as well, but it appears to work quite a
> bit slower than the registry for retrieve/write functionality. Plus it gets
> slower the larger the ini file becomes.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions,
>
> Bryan

free."