Re: Good Free Screen Magnification for Win7?

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:41:58 +0200

Thanks Don, yes I've tried it but I couldn't get it to do the full screen, and with a laptop screen being small already that doesn't help much either! Another frustrating thing is that the laptop's screen has this glossy finish, so it reflects ambient light and you have to be viewing it orthogonally else you see even more reflections. Apparently this glossy finish makes images more vivid, but it just frustrates me enlessly -- had I known this I would have gone for another laptop instead, but anyways. Will probably end up connecting it to my NON GLOSSY or MAT finish 19 inch LCD. This I can only do after getting a HDMI to DVI converter plug, since another thing I didn't realise was that the laptop doesn't have a VGA port but a HDMI port which is fortunately compattible with DVI.

Any other ideas?

Kerneels

On 1/31/2011 9:14 AM, Don Marang wrote:
Have you tried the Windows 7 Magnifier? It is not full featured, but has gotten me out of a few jams. Just start typing magnifier in the Start Menu text box. It will probably auto complete around m a g n.

Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
Dean Kamen