Re: Windows Accessible Remote Access?

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:49:42 +0000

Hi all.
According to the license agreement for Window-Eyes, you can install and use it on as many machines as you own, so long as you are the sole user of those machines. So say both your client and remote machines are yours, you would not be violating the license to use the software. Please contact GWMicro for more details on their policies.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 31/01/2011 06:54, Kerneels Roos wrote:
Hi Chris and others,

 From further posts in this thread it appears that, for Windows Eyes
(actually for any screen reader claiming remote capabilities) you have
to install something on the remote server. Now with JAWS being my only
experience of a commercial screen reader, I know you only get 5 installs
per license, so how does WE handle this? Suppose you have to Terminal
Services into 10 remote servers, would you be able to do this with WE?

As a side note, from the feature set of WE at this page:
http://www.gwmicro.com/Window-Eyes/
it states clearly that WE does indeed support remote access at no extra
charge via :
* Citrix Metaframe
* Terminal Services
* Windows XP Remote Desktop

Kerneels

On 1/7/2011 9:32 AM, chris hallsworth wrote:
Hi all.
For JAWS, you need JAWS Professional, plus the Terminal Services
option enabled on your license, which is an additional $200 on top of
your JAWS Professional purchase. For Window-Eyes, Terminal Services
access is completely free, even in the demonstration copy,. I also
believe Dolphin's line of products support Terminal Services. I also
know of Cobra supporting it, but as yet haven't got it to work.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth
You can contact me at the following channels:
E-mail and Facebook: challsworth2@xxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 07/01/2011 07:15, Kerneels Roos wrote:
Hi list,
Currently, what would be the best way to obtain speech and Braille
output when accessing a remote server via the standard graphical remote
terminal clients such as Terminal Services, Remote Desktop Sharing, VNC
and others?
I'm investigating potential work that would require this type of remote
access, and last time I had to do this kind of thing I was able to only
use ZoomText -- now I need speech.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Kerneels