RE: File Comparison in Windows

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:26:38 -0400

Hi,
Call me a prude if you like. I try to catch offensive language, but I am
human and miss sometimes. I do not want to see such language if I can help
it at work. I would like to keep this list on so I can get work-related
knowledge if I can, but you never know the views of people who moderate.
People at work do have the right to moderate your email.

Thanks for your understanding.

Jim

James D Homme,
Usability Engineering
Highmark Inc.
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
412-544-1810

"It's more important for me to start to do the right thing than it is to
wait until I think I
can do it just right."

             "Rodney Haynie"
             <RodneyH@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
             programmingblind-         <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             bounce@freelists.                                          cc
             org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: File Comparison in Windows
             09/11/2007 10:16
             AM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Thanks Jim,
Let me try FC out.  I bet that will work.

But I am confused about you asking me to watch my language.
I don't curse, or use profanity.  I used light words such as "pissed".  And
I know others have used way, way, way worse than that.  Were you referring
to that word?  Or was there a word that the screen reader announced as
something else.

Thanks again.
Rodney

Please watch the language. I like good old fc, the DOS utility.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme,
Usability Engineering
Highmark Inc.
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
412-544-1810

"It's more important for me to start to do the right thing than it is to
wait until I think I
can do it just right."

             "Rodney Haynie"
             <RodneyH@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
             programmingblind-         <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             bounce@freelists.                                          cc
             org
                                                                   Subject
                                       File Comparison in Windows
             09/11/2007 09:51
             AM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Ok, I use Ultra Edit 32, and I am pissed that the file comparison utility
is pretty well hard to use by the visually impaired.  You can not click
inside the comparison window and walk up and down the file with the
keyboard navigation.  Looks like you have to find the scroll buttons and
mouse click on them.

I keep coming up on this subject of comparing files, but keep skirting the
issue by getting around the task by one way or another.

I have to bite the bullet and use one tool for the task.

I would like it to be free, easy to use by the blind, and a basic flat file
comparison (text comparison).

What do you use for windows?

Thanks.
Rodney