RE: File Comparison in Windows

  • From: "Eileen Lafond" <Eileen.Lafond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:52:39 -0700

How do you use grep and diff in Windows?  I use it in Unix and it is great, but
how in Windows?

Thanks,

Eileen La Fond
Phone (206) 386-0011
e.mail Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx

>>> "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx> 9/11/2007 8:24 AM >>>
 I favor diff, grep and gawk a great deal.

Gawk/awk for searching inside of a file, with very flexible and powerful
rules

Grep for simple searches and some regular expressions as well

And diff for comparing multiple files, creating patches, and so on

Take care,
Sina