Creating A Text Editor With Line Numbers

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 18:45:36 -0400

Hi: I have not found much on this subject. Is there some way of building a
TextBox or RTB control to have the left side hold line numbers and the right be
the input area?
Using a ListBox to hold the line numbers next to lines in a TextBox or RTB gets
really messy because of diferences in character heights for blank lines from
one of the very few articles I have found on this subject. Is there some way to
say have a line of length 1000, then limit the input area, hard boundries, to
say the right 80 percent of the control so that navigation keys would never go
into the left margin but the line number would read with the line swith the
SayLine WindowEyes or Jaws commands?
This sounds so basic but seems to be quite dificult to find examples of.
Rick USA