RE: Bookshare.org programming content was Re: Windows Programming

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:17:57 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Pratik Patel wrote:

code indentation matters.  Even where it is not required by compilers, I
certainly believe that code indentation is important for understanding
program structure and esthetics.

Of course!
As a braille reader I depend on indenting now to follow code.
So I can tell what goes with what and it helps debug and read code...
Especially when you come back to it after a given amount of time... Perhaps 6 months.

The only program I can read that isn't indented is helloworld.c, but that really needs to be indented anyway... :-)

I don't do indenting for sighted, but for myself since it makes it so much easier... I guess I use braille so speech programmers probably won't find it as useful as me.
I can't program with out braille...
My code is a mess and doesn't usually run... :-)

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx