Re: Bitmaps, Icons, Cursors

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:57:55 -0700

hello,

Steven, for freehand work you could use a renewable white or black plastic
board of some sort, and" draw" things on it with something called wikki stix,
there a colored waxed string about 6 inches long that will adhere to almost any
surface that is not oily or wet, and sometimes even the wet ones. then you
could scan the image and turn it into the format you need.

you can find information on, and order packages of wikki stix at:
www.wikkistix.com/product/820s.htm

your application idea sounds good, very good in fact, I am wondering if the
application who's source code is up on my grab bag site:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
down in the made handy and useful ... section (hit num row 3 for skipping down
the headers to the section, then tab once to get to its download link)

its an accessible UML application and it's source code so it can be improved
upon, ken would this be useful?

and ken, I will be very interested in your application myself, sounds
interesting.

rather puts me in mind of the old main frame figure printing routines that used
*'s X's and 0's to form images, and was used by the programmers to make some
rather interesting picture calendars and the like, girns.

HTH,
inthane