Another small text editor for blind people

  • From: "QuentinC" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:07:17 +0200

Hello everybody,
I already know, many of you already use and love edsharp.
However, I would like to submit to you a small text editor for blind I started before knowing this mailing-list, in order to have comments about it. IF you consider this as being spam or ad, gently and simply tell me, and I promise to immediately close the topic.

In contrast to edsharp, the goal of my editor is not to provide very advanced functions like converting PDF, DOC or so. It is primarily made as a notepad replacement or as an improved notepad. IF you tried something like notepad2 or notepad++ (and saw that it was not 100% accessible), the idea is approximately the same, without completely useless things for us like syntax coloration.
Feel free to leave comments, as that post is made for. Thank you very much !

The download linke is here, you will find a brief feature list below.
http://vrac.quentinc.net/powerpad-0.1-beta5-en.zip
There is also a french version
http://vrac.quentinc.net/powerpad-0.1-beta5-fr.zip

Brief list of features:
- Properly handle UNIX and mac line ending
- Properly handle most common encodings (13 available variants)
- Search and replace using regular expressions
-  Follow indentation and smart home
- Multi-instance on the same file protection and file modification notification
- Lua scripting with many features in the API
- Less than 500 KB !